Sunday, April 5, 2009

“Couldn’t be happier for two people I’ve never met!”

Consider this New York Times story about blogger Ann Althouse and Laurence Meade, one of her regular commenters. They are now engaged to be married! The Times article traces their online exchanges, in-person meetings, and the cyber-swirl that went on around them.

When the couple announced their engagement, another regular commenter commented, "Couldn't be happier for two people I've never met!"

By the way, Ms. Althouse is a professor at the University of Wisconsin Law School, from which I recently graduated. As it happens, I never had a class with her or even met her. However, I had read her blog frequently before applying to law school, and it gave me a window into both the law and blogging.

In her blog, Althouse also compiled links to her entries referred to in the Times piece.

Congratulations, Ann and "Meade."

No comments: